Monday, September 10, 2012

Hello My Friends...Hello!

Clearly the second half of August pretty much got away from me.  And, it was beginning to look like September was headed in the same direction.  What have I been doing that has kept me away from blogging?  Work and lots of it.  A trip for Labor Day Weekend.  Work, work and more work.  That's about it 

I have not been sewing very much.  At least nothing new and big and exciting.  I have completed a number of UFOs over the last few months and have been debating what to start next (something will come to me, I am sure of it!).  I have been keeping up with my ABC blocks for the BAMQG quilt along, which ends next month with the Y and Z blocks.  I am also in a Round Robin with 3 other women from BAMQG and have passed on my first completed round to the next person and am now staring at the second project.  Here is my addition to Sheetal's center star medallion (my first project):


Sheetal wanted a scrappy quilt, so I added a neutral linen inner border, then I added the tree border and then finally made the scrappy last round with the cornerstones from the center medallion fabric that she requested.  I really angsted (is that a word?) over this project, but now that it is done, I really like it. 

I have also just completed this month's blocks for the Bee Awesome swap I'm in.  Sheetal (yes, the same Sheetal from the Round Robin) wanted herringbone blocks, so I made her these blocks:

She wanted scrappy and I think she wanted a more neutral palette than I would normally use.  Made me realize that I have almost no neutrals or pastels in my stash.  I'm a color gal.  I did purchase a few neutrals to help fill out my ability to complete these blocks and also added a few kitties from a quilt I made for Connor (my older grandson).  I hope she likes the blocks and that they fit in to her idea for her quilt.  I know at some point in the future she expects to return to Austria (I think it's Austria...) and I like the idea that she will have some of my blocks in her bed quilt. 

How is your end-of-summer almost fall experience going?  Hope you are busy and productive and finding any number of ways to be creative in your life.

Aaaaanway, that's it from the Robertson household.

4 comments:

  1. The kitties are very cute! Those blocks look like they will fit in perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree fabric - I've always eyed that one and you've use it perfectly. I'm doing herringbone right now also - scrappy is so much fun but so many decisions in one little block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrappy medallion looks great! Your angsting was worthwhile. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The medallion block turned out great! The Miscellany trees print makes that round look kind of like fringe- very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!