I am pleased to report that I finished my Roof Top quilt after letting it sit unfinished for quite some time. Here she is:
I love the way this quilt has such a three dimensional look to it - very visual. The original quilt is in Gee's Bend The Architecture of the Quilt book. A typical Roof Top quilt would only have 9 blocks. Each of the blocks would have been much bigger. I decided to make more blocks and make them smaller so that I could keep the strip piecing straighter. I have "issues" with long strip piecing - can't seem to keep it straight! So, I went for shorter strips that were easier for me to handle.
I also finished my part of my friend Jaye's Round Robin quilt top. I was quite late in getting my portion done. My move put me way behind - first completing the move and then second getting my sewing room set up. Anyway, it is done and returned to her. I can't wait to see what the next round looks like!
I also am happy to report that we have finally gotten some rain here in Reno. And lots of snow in the mountains! Plus an amazing wind storm that knocked fences down all over the neighborhood. I was lucky to avoid any fence loss, but big winds seem to be a winter regularity. More rain coming our way, which is good news for all of us living in the rain shadow of the Sierras.
Aaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household.