I have been working on two immediate projects. First, trying to sort out what my pillow top will look like for the Pillow Top Swap 7. My partner had 3 colors that she listed: purple, lime green and aqua. I can only assume this is to be found in one block or pillow top. Tough combo for me as I look through my stash.
Then, I notice the Backyard Baby fabric and think: I've got it! So, I worked on some 8" blocks that will be the cornerstones of this pillow top and came up with this:
The color is way off on the Backyard Baby fabric, which is quite green, but I could not get a better photo with the lighting I had.
Annnnnyway, these are my prototype blocks and I'll see what I can do to make them better as I get them ready to become a pillow top.
Next, I have been thinking alot about the block I want to make for my 4x5 Bee, Hive 11 contribution. I made this test block and everyone in the hive likes it, so I think it is a go:
I used some Joel Dewberry Heirloom in my colors (aqua and orange) to test out this block that I saw here: http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/ Faith has a series of star blocks called Solistice Stars. This block is called Whirling Star in that series.
All of the members of my hive have approved this block, so I'm off to make it in each of their colors.
Spring is here in the Bay Area and I hope that, wherever you are, you have enjoyed your Wednesday!
That's it from the Robertson household.