Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's Wednesday and I Have a Little Work In Progress!

Here I am again!  I do have some quilting progress to blog about.  I saw a cute little baby quilt that I wanted to try my hand at.  One of my guild members had made it as a charity quilt and provided the tutorial.  Here's the Link  It's called a strip and flip baby quilt. 

I started with a fabric pull like this:

 
 
I pared down the pull and then cut the strips and put them in this order:   

 
Next I sewed the strips together, cut off a segment, added a strip of white to each side, flipped the strip and put it all together and...
 

 
A couple of shots in the garden of the top. 
 
It was easy and it makes an attractive cheery quilt for some little person in your life.  Of course, there is a bit more work to be done before it's an actual quilt...stay tuned for Kathleen's attempts at quilting (usually, I quilt by checkbook.)
 
Even though I said that I was not going to join any other bees, I re-joined the 4x5 Bee for another quarter and round 9 of the Pillow Talk Swap.  So that brings me to Bee Awesome, Round Boo Bee, 4x5 and Pillow Talk Swap, plus the challenges and swaps from the BAMQG.  I pared down my commitments and then, slowly, they creep up on me again.  Does that ever happen to you?  Don't get me wrong, I like every bee and swap that I am in, but in the back of my mind I know that I want to spend more of my time working on my own projects.
Life is full of so many choices - I need to get a little better at filtering the choices.  And, of course, enjoy the choices that I have already made.  I hope that you are enjoying your choices and bringing creativity into your life on a daily basis.
 
Aaaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household.   
 
 
 
 
I 


7 comments:

  1. Love your quilt,,,love the "quilt by checkbook"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strip and flip quilt top turned out great! If it makes you feel any better, I also over-committed on the bees, swaps and challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back at the sewing machine and I love this quilt! I definitely know the cycles of overcommitment (and am in one!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who frequently over commits (FOC). Good luck on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great quilt. Love the fabrics/colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, it looks fabulous. I'm gonna make one of these for my son tonight (I think), hahha, have so much trouble sticking with pattern choices.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!