Here it is Wednesday again and I have made quite a bit of progress despite a computer problem that resulted in euthanizing my favorite lap top and going without for an entire weekend while my IT guy switched everything over to this new lap top. At least I didn't lose anything, but I am just not as comfortable with this newcomer laptop! My old HP laptop was kind enough to last for 8 years. The battery needed to be replaced, so I replaced it. Then it decided to choke on a hairball and freeze up on me just when I had given it a nice new battery. This new keyboard is smaller and the keys keep making typos! Hopefully, I'll get use to it sooner rather than later.
On to my progress: As I mentioned last week, I have renewed my bee commitments significantly and wanted to get started on one of the larger projects, so I started searching for the right block for my 4x5 Hive 8 commitment.
I saw a block called Shattered Chevrons:
and was led to a wonderful tutorial on AsDesigned's (Anne's) blog Shattered Chevrons here. Anne's block had a border around it that I ultimately decided to leave off, increasing my chevrons by 2 to result in a 12.5 x 12.5 block.
My test block looked like this:
Anne's tutorial was easy to follow and allowed me to quickly get these blocks pulled together for everyone in the bee.
I am really liking these blocks and am thinking I might make a pillow out of this pattern for the Pillow Talk Swap (my next project). I'll let you know what I come up with next time.
Sorry for typos and strange alignments. I'm on training wheels with this new lap top!