Monday, November 26, 2012

Back to Normal

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I certainly did!  Had 11 adults and 2 little ones for a 4 day weekend consisting of food and lots of it, wine and lots of it, riding the ATVs, having a visit with THE  best Santa Claus (at the Arts and Crafts Fair in Sonora), games, movies, loud political "discussions" and, unfortunately, no sewing.

My grandsons put on very large cowboy hats: 

 

 And had a long chat with Santa about swords and bow and arrows and baby dolls and drums:


Isn't this Santa wonderful?  He talks to the kids about the importance of education and being kind to each other and listening to their parents...and that's his real beard!

But now we're back to normal.  Back to work and sewing and my diet...just when I was getting use to eating all that luscious food again! 

So what do I need to get done?  I must get my BA Modern Quilt Guild ABC quilt along top put together.  About 5 of us from the guild have participated in this quilt along and it's time to get the tops together and then we may have a group submission to the San Mateo County Fair quilt show.  The quilt along was to make a block from every letter of the alphabet, using more traditional block patterns with modern fabrics.  We started this in 2011 with one block a month and then stepped up the pace to 2 blocks a month in order to finish the quilt along by October 2012.  It has been a labor of love - that's alot of blocks and a long time to be committd to one project.  The fun part is to see the difference choices in palette, size of block, and arrangement of blocks.  I wanted to make a black and white and red themed quilt using Bon Vivant - seemed like a good idea at the time.  30 blocks later and I wondering exactly what I will do with this black and white and red quilt?


The next decision is whether I should sash or double sash or none of the above.  More to come.

Aaaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. The quilt looks great with the non-sashed layout just like you have it. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!