Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday with a Beauty...New York That Is

There's nothing like a big snow storm in the Sierras to ruin my travel plans and help me get some projects done.  And there's nothing like a Pillow Talk Swap with a mailing deadline of November 15 to get my...self in gear. 

I finished my PTS9 pillow top over the weekend and got it into the mail on Tuesday.  I showed you the beginnings of the top a few weeks ago, but here's the finished pillow:



A New York Beauty block out of Chicopee and Annie's Seed Catalog text print.  My partner wanted scrappy, so I tried to accommodate that request on both the front and the back.  I wanted to do something special for the back of the pillow, so I made some string blocks out of more Chicopee to make the back a little prettier.   I wish I would have bought more of the text print, as I'm now down to scraps. 

 

Then, after the pillow was done, I decided to quilt and bind the strip and flip quilt top I had finished a month or so ago (followed the tutorial on Cluck Cluck Sew Here).  I am not a person who generally quilts.  I prefer quilting by checkbook, but I thought maybe I should try some straight line quilting for practice.  Luckily, the quilt top was about 45" x 45", so it wasn't too hard to handle.  My straight lines are not as straight as they could be, but I powered through it and got the top done.  

And, drumroll, here it is:



The back is a small bright dot fabric I purchased at the Twaine Harte Pharmacy.

Hope you are having a wonderful, creative week.

Aaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household.






3 comments:

  1. Your pillow is wonderful. Glad you had a chance to do some hands on quilting. Organic straight is the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky pillow swap partner! The pillow is gorgeous. Good job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I might make another NYB pillow one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!