Monday, February 4, 2013
A QuiltCon Hello!
Are you going to QuiltCon? The Modern Quilt Guild has asked bloggers who will be attending to introduce themselves with a photo (my grandson Mason and me at Thanksgiving) and reveal 5 things you might not know about ourselves. The Modern Quilt Guild.
Well, I'm going to QuiltCon and I'm a blogger, although lower case blogger as compared to the well known Bloggers, so I thought I would join in the introductions and here goes with the 5 things you may not know about me:
1. I have a Labradoodle named Boo (o.k. you probably know that...) but before Boo I was the companion to 3 Dalmations (not all at once - sequentially). That's about 30+ years of Dalmations. It wasn't until I got Boo that I knew what it was like to have a nice, friendly dog who didn't beat up on the other dogs. What a breath of fresh air!
2. I was born in the midwest (St. Louis to be exact) and went to grad school at University of Missouri at Columbia. Before I went to law school, I was a scientist working for USDA.
3. I collected antique quilts for years and still have a small collection. I came to quilt making from quilt collecting. I made my first quilt in 1972 (I am pretty sure that is before many of you were born!)
4. I am a birder (a person who looks at birds through binoculars and gets all excited about identifying them) and I travel all over the planet looking at wonderful birds and animals. I have been on every continent except Antartica in search of unusual birds.
5. My grandsons call me "Maw-Maw". I pretty much dote on them and love seeing the world through their eyes. I feel that I learn so much more from them than they do from me!
I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can at QuiltCon, while taking classes every day, going to lectures, looking at the quilt show and visiting the vendors to see what I must have. Whew! I'm tired already!