Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Clock is Tick, Tick, Ticking!

Yikes - I have promised to have my ABC quilt ready to be part of our guild group challenge entry for the San Mateo County Fair.  Last year our guild had a group challenge involving Kona Solids.  It was great to see our modern quilts at the SMC Fair quilt show.  This year a group of us agreed to have our ABC quilts finished in time for entry into the group challenge.  Seemed so far away and do-able at the time.  Now, it's right around the corner and I'm still trying to finish the borders on the quilt top before it goes to my long arm quilting friend, Dee Small (I know that "modern" quilts do not have borders according to some modern quilters, but I disagree!)  I'm not going to show another photo of this unfinished top - I'll include a photo when all the borders are on.  

Dee has agreed to get it quilted and back to me before May 8, when we have to turn in our entry forms.  I have 2 of the 4 borders on - and the other 2 borders are pieced.  It's just the corner blocks that are a little tricky getting just right.  And I have been working on other projects, such as the Wonky Log Cabin blocks.

Got to get it to her this weekend in order to give her enough time to get it done.
Then I will have to get the sleeve on it, label it and have it ready to go. 

What about your deadlines - got any you want to share?

I did finish all of my Wonky Log Cabin blocks and will get them sewn together once the ABC top is done.  Easter got in the way of sewing.  My grandkids came to visit along with Mom and Dad for a long weekend.  We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Friday and the Exploratorium in San Francisco on Sunday.  We watched Wreck It Ralph several times, played with new and old toys, ate lots of good food, took walks, had a pizza picnic Saturday night while Mom and Dad went out to dinner and had an Easter Egg Hunt in my living room Sunday morning.  Sadly, they had to go home on Sunday.  Man was it quiet after they left.  Really, really quiet!  Sigh...

Here are a few photos of our weekend:






 

 




Hope you had a wonderful happy Easter.  

Aaaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household. 


1 comment:

  1. You can do it. You actually don't need to have it finished by May 8, but perhaps I shouldn't tell you that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!