My steam punk blocks are not multiplying as quickly as I would like. I have 2 more, but haven't managed to take any photos of them. Soon, very soon I'll get that accomplished!
I think I have now identified where I am having trouble with the blocks - it's the outer curved corner piece. Someone in the Steam Punk Flickr group was also having a problem with this piece and suggested cutting that part of the block a little bit larger. I will see what comes of that idea in my next block.
I hope to get several more blocks made at the BAM (Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild) retreat this weekend (technically not a UFO, but I consider this UFO prevention). We are headed to The Presentation Center in Los Gatos. I understand the site is absolutely gorgeous. We can check-in at 2:00 on Friday and check out at noon on Sunday. The focus of this retreat is UFOs - yeah, I've got them and I want to transform them into wonderfulness.
So what do I have planned to work on, you ask?
1. Quilting and binding my String Block quilt top.
2. Making a sleeve and attaching the quilt label for my "Black and White and Red All Over" ABC Challenge quilt (of course this means making the label first, which will contain the names of all the alphabet blocks that are in the quilt).
I brought it to the meeting last weekend. Here's a photo of it at show and tell:
3. Completing the back for my Wonky Log Cabin quilt.
4. Make my pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap.
5. Make 2 blocks for the BAM mini-group that I should have brought to the last meeting with me but completely forgot to make!
5. Make more Steam Punk blocks.
I think this is more than I can actually accomplish, but #2 and #4 must, I mean must happen, so that will be the first order of business.
I haven't really gotten organized yet, so I will need to do that tonight (I wrote this on Wednesday - now it's Friday and I'm still not organized!) I need to make the quilt label at home because I need my computer to do that. (Oh, I got this done - yea!)
I did, however, purchase a new pair of pajamas! Nothing like sewing in your pajamas to feel right at home.
Aaaaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household.