Sunday, January 12, 2014

2014 Q1 Finish Along

Finish Along 2014
 



      I am in need of finishing projects and seem to find so many, many reasons why I should do something else, start something else, think about starting something else, buy more fabric...well, I think you get the idea.
 
     So, I said to myself - join the 2014 Q1 Finish Along and get a few long standing unfinished projects completed.  My list is rather modest, but I think do-able as I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks in February and I do so like to meet my goals!
 
     Let me introduce you to my hit list:
 
1.  Quilt and bind my Improvisation quilt top that has been waiting way too long for some attention.  You may be able to see that I've started some straight line quilting:  
 
 
2.  This little wall hanging is the second variation of this theme.  I need to quilt it and bind it: 

 



 
 
Here is the completed original wall hanging in this series:
 
 



 3.  My string quilt top needs a back, quilting and a binding.  This puppy has been hanging around my sewing room for a really long time!

 
 
4.  Last but not least is my Gee's Bend quilt (saw this in the most wonderful book:  Gee's Bend The Architecture of a Quilt)  I started this quilt top last year and I came to a screeching halt for some reason I don't recall right now:
 


 
 
     That's my hit list for the first quarter of 2014 Finish Along.  I'm going to link to Katy's blog here The Littlest Thistle and join the fun and games for this quarter.  Why don't you sign up also?  Great motivator for finishing a reasonable number of projects.
 
     Aaaanyway, that's it from the Robertson household.
 
 
 




12 comments:

  1. Love your list! (The Gee's Bend inspired one is gorgeous.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ella. I'm determined to get more finishes this year!

      Delete
  2. How fun to work in a series, i really must give that a try. The Gee's Bend is so fabulous, glad you dragged it back out. Good luck on the goals, I chose 4 myself this quarter and that'll be plenty so leave room for all of the inevitable interruptions you make note of at the beginning of the post that I totally relate to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Some time we should have a sew along that is a "series" sew along. It would be fun to see what people come up with. I have never done a series before, but I'm having a little fun with this project.
      I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

      Delete
  3. They all look great....soooo worth finishing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, I hope to finish this short list. My trip to Cuba will take up a chunk of time, but I think my goal is manageable!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, lovely selection of projects here, good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy. I look forward to actually completing the projects. I so appreciate you overseeing the finish along this year.

      Delete
  5. I love your gee's bend quilt! Are you going much bigger with it, or is it almost done?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *love* the Gee's bend quilt, too. Wow!!!

    Actually, I'm kind of loving the "deconstructed" look of that quilt....

    k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. The Gee's Bend quilt looks so modern to me but was originally made such a long, long time ago.

      Delete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!