Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2011

Hello All,

This is my first post to my blog - a new beginning for a New Year.  I have been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time, but somehow just never got started.  I think I was just afraid that I wouldn't have anything of interest to share on a regular basis.  I admire so many quilters and their ability to blog and create beautiful quilts at the same time.  I hope that I will be able to learn and progress as I get better at this blogging thing.

Now on to quilty things.  Today, in the mail, I received a yard of Heather Ross Lightening Bugs and Other Mysteries goldfish in a bag, blue on white background!  An entire yard!  I went on EBay and bid on this piece of fabric and actually won the auction.  I have been wanting some of this fabric for quite some time.  Now, I have to think about how to use it. 

I have a few photos to show you of quilts that I made in 2011.  Hopefully I will be even more productive in 2012.  Here are a few of my projects:


Sunflower Quilt



I finished this quilt in 2011 and entered it into the New Quilts of Northern California special exhibit at the Pacific International Quilt Festival.  It was accepted and I was proud to see it hanging in the exhibition hall.

Next we have Flower Power.  This is an original design of mine that I gave as a Christmas gift this year.  It's happily living in Visalia, California as you read this.

Flower Power

Then we have Snowballs in Summer, my homage to Denyse Schmidt and summer.  I thought it would be nice to have a picnic quilt that was big enough to have space for several guests.
Snowballs in Summer

I had some quilty math issues that I tried to cleverly conceal.  Can you see what I did wrong?  Hint - look in the lower right block...

Anyway, time to feed the Doodle and get on to a little quilting.  




1 comment:

  1. The snowball blocks look so pretty in the blues and greens - very fresh and springy.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a grandmother, a lawyer, a quilter, a cook and the human companion of Boo, the labradoodle. I am also a collector/hoarder and ultimate consumer of fabric. Can't resist touching and/or buying it! I also love sharing every day with my doodle. Please look at my work and let me know what you think. I plan to share my thoughts and experiences with you and hope you will do the same. Boo sends his tail wagging greetings to all. If you meet him, you will know exactly what I mean!